Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Online/Offline Exam form: June 2013

IGNOU MCA STUDENTS' FORUM > GENERAL
Pages: 1, 2, 3
santanu
The online form will show "All assignments submitted..." only if you have submitted assignments against the respective papers and the status against your enrolment number in the IGNOU Student Management System (see our Wonderbox) shows "Assignments received and under process". They receive this information from the SC.

So they do check for their records and do not arbitrarily write that.
npant
QUOTE (rajivdjoshi @ March 15, 2013 02:19 pm)
so, what does this means, if we fill out June TEE Online then will they consider assignment submitted and eligible for hall ticket?

Well if you're applying exams for current sem and I believe you're preparing the assignments for that as well. How it could be possible they will verify that you've submitted your assignments.

Because of that offline submission of exam form is there, I used to submit exam form online when there is no such process. I mean earlier you don't have to submit assignment before exam form but since the new process is implemented each and everyone prefers to submit exam form offline after submission of assignments first at SC, after that your SC verifies the exam form and then you can submit the same @ RC.

In that case you don't have to worry about things like assignments marks aren't updated because your SC have already verified that you've submitted all the assignments.
santanu
QUOTE (npant @ March 15, 2013 09:42 pm)
Because of that offline submission of exam form is there, I used to submit exam form online when there is no such process. I mean earlier you don't have to submit assignment before exam form but since the new process is implemented each and everyone prefers to submit exam form offline after submission of assignments first at SC, after that your SC verifies the exam form and then you can submit the same @ RC.

That's correct. Online form submission was possible only if the assignment marks are updated in the grade card. Since it is virtually impossible to get the marks of assignments of the same semester updated in the grade card before the exams, so virtually all students who are appearing in papers of the current semester, applied offline after getting signature from SC.

But now, I see a new option in the Student Management System where they update the assignment receipt status. Most probably SCs are informing about the assignment receipt status even before evaluating them. If this is so, during the online submission the presence of assignment marks in the grade card will no longer be checked. In that case, students of the same semester can apply online too. I don't know whether they are already doing this. Those who are applying may check.

To verify this, I checked the details of a sample enrolment number 110930472. In the student management system, the receipt of 4th sem assignments have been confirmed on February 2013. But the grade card still does not have the assignment marks for those papers. Earlier the student would not be able to apply online. But now, I think the student would be able to apply online if the exam form checks up this database apart from the grade card.

[site=550]http://admission.ignou.ac.in/changeadmdata/StatusAssignment.asp?submit=1&enrno=110930472&program=MCA[/site]

Guess IGNOU is improving something after all!
npant
QUOTE (santanu @ March 16, 2013 08:34 am)
But now, I see a new option in the Student Management System where they update the assignment receipt status.

Yeah DADA, that's correct but that option is there from last one year. But this time the thing you've verified is entirely correct. The assignments are showing received on 22-Feb.

I don't know if they've started implementing from now onwards. It's going to be good idea as I've always preferred submitting exam form online and it's one of my fav way where you've the total control on the form itself.  thumbup.gif
kr2o11
QUOTE (santanu @ March 16, 2013 08:34 am)
Guess IGNOU is improving something after all!

Aaah..... not really.

That student is from Jan 2011 batch & is in 5th sem now. The assignments being updated in Jan & Feb 2013 are actually from his 4th sem.

I checked mine too & the assignments that I had submitted in Sep last year are being shown as recd & in process in Jan 2013 for theory & Feb 2013 for practical assignments.

santanu
QUOTE (kr2o11 @ March 16, 2013 12:10 pm)
That student is from Jan 2011 batch & is in 5th sem now. The assignments being updated in Jan & Feb 2013 are actually from his 4th sem.

Yes...he was registered for the 4th semester from July 2012 - Dec 2012. The marks are still not in the grade card.

The 5th sem submission date is not over yet. So you're right. In order to appear in 5th sem exams, he would have to get certificate on manual exam form from the SC anyway. In effect, manual form has to be submitted always for the current semester unless they do something about it.
npant
QUOTE (santanu @ March 16, 2013 12:33 pm)
In effect, manual form has to be submitted always for the current semester unless they do something about it.

Well they're not gonna do anything about it. Sometimes the assignment marks are not even updated even after the exams result declared so how come they're going to update it before exam from submission.

Well they can do one thing but for that they've to give access to every SC in order to update that receipt system and after that online exam form will verify that system and if assignments aren't submitted. It's shouldn't allow student to fill that particular form online.

But I think all lazybones @ IGNOU never gonna think about it.
mani7
Well, in my SC - they accept assignments *only* on the specified day and there is strict viva procedure as well. It is likely to be in April/May, and last date for submitting exam form without late fees is 31st March.  And when I try to submit form online, it says I cannot proceed because assignment records for current semester is not available.

So online forms are practically useless as of now. I cannot think of anyone in regular semesters to use them as assignment status is not likely  to be updated for current semester before June/July. 

To reduce their own work-load, IGNOU can just allow students to fill in exam forms with undertaking "I will submit my assignments on time..." and later if the student doesn't submit his/her assignments, they can simply cancel the results for that subject.  But then IGNOU is govt. organization, logic and efficiency do not always take precedence! tongue.gif
santanu
The main problem is that they want SC not to communicate directly with HQ but always to go via the RC. Otherwise they could make a software for data entry by the SC.

To reduce their own work-load, IGNOU can just allow students to fill in exam forms with undertaking "I will submit my assignments on time..." and later if the student doesn't submit his/her assignments, they can simply cancel the results for that subject.

That's the best possible solution. But unless they allow SCs to directly update the database and instead force them to send data to RC, which in turn send them to HQ, delay will always be there. The delay at any point will result in non-updation data by some RCs and cancellation of result of students.
xd3sclu
My friend is studying some library management programme (procedure is same like other programmes) under Ahmedabad RC, but he lives in Jamnagar which has study center under Rajkot RC. Rajkot RC doesn't allow this programme so he got admission under Ahmedabad RC. Can he give exam at Jamnagar SC while submitting exam form at Ahmedabad RC?
npant
QUOTE (xd3sclu @ March 18, 2013 12:44 pm)
My friend is studying some library management programme (procedure is same like other programmes) under Ahmedabad RC, but he lives in Jamnagar which has study center under Rajkot RC. Rajkot RC doesn't allow this programme so he got admission under Ahmedabad RC. Can he give exam at Jamnagar SC while submitting exam form at Ahmedabad RC?

Well for MCA, I'm pretty sure you can give exam in any of the study center because previously my study center was delhirc2 and I had given my exam @ study center which was there under RC Noida but now I got my RC changed to Noida itself as it is close to my house.
xd3sclu
QUOTE (npant @ March 18, 2013 03:50 pm)
Well for MCA, I'm pretty sure you can give exam in any of the study center because previously my study center was delhirc2 and I had given my exam @ study center which was there under RC Noida but now I got my RC changed to Noida itself as it is close to my house.

At which RC did you submit exam form?
npant
QUOTE (xd3sclu @ March 18, 2013 04:13 pm)

Well, I've submitted online exam form  thumbup.gif
kr2o11
QUOTE (xd3sclu @ March 18, 2013 04:13 pm)

I guess you wanted to ask which RC owuld you have to submit your exam form to. You will have to submit the exam form at the RC under whose jurisdiction the exam centre falls where you intend to take the exam.
xd3sclu
QUOTE (kr2o11 @ March 18, 2013 11:49 pm)
I guess you wanted to ask which RC owuld you have to submit your exam form to. You will have to submit the exam form at the RC under whose jurisdiction the exam centre falls where you intend to take the exam.

You guessed right. RC also said to submit form at RC where study centre is located.
[email protected]
As Online Exam form availabe for June TEE. This option not accpting Exam center codes other than Delhi region.

A message dispayed
"Invalid Examination Centre Code. Please see the Listing for Examination Centre Code."

Please guide about exam center code not accpted by Online exam form.
npant
QUOTE ([email protected] @ March 22, 2013 11:07 am)
As Online Exam form availabe for June TEE. This option not accpting Exam center codes other than Delhi region.

A message dispayed
"Invalid Examination Centre Code. Please see the Listing for Examination Centre Code."

Please guide about exam center code not accpted by Online exam form.

Do not enter your code exam center code in the box. There is an option "Click here to select Examination Centre List (Tentative)" which bring up another window where you've to enter at least 3 charters of City/State and that will show up examination centers in your region after that from there you can click on center where you wish to give examination.

The box looks like this.

[dohtml]<IFRAME src="http://exam.ignou.ac.in/SelectExamList.asp?prog_code=MCA" width="100%" height="300" frameborder="1" scrolling="auto"  hspace="0" vspace="0" ></IFRAME>[/dohtml]
[email protected]
Thanks Neeraj

But when i type AJMER or Jaipur or any other city where i want to opt exam center and when i choose any of the listed center, given message appear after clicking  on submit button, also i am familiar with Online exam form from last 5 year years and know very well how to choose exam center.
Given problem arise this time only.

You can also check by given exam center as Ajmer or  Jaipur (which is also a regional center)  or any other city as u wish and you may also found same message.

For confirmation you should also try to choose any of the center in mention cities.
npant
QUOTE ([email protected] @ March 22, 2013 01:51 pm)
Thanks Neeraj

But when i type AJMER or Jaipur or any other city where i want to opt exam   or any other city as u wish and you may also found same message.

For confirmation you should also try to choose any of the center in mention cities.

Check weather you're able to locate the Examination Center that you want to opt for in this file.

[dohtml]<IFRAME src="http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/icc/cpms/List%20of%20Examination%20Centre" width="100%" height="200" frameborder="1" scrolling="auto"  hspace="0" vspace="0" ></IFRAME>[/dohtml]

Sometimes IGNOU adds and remove the examination center as well
[email protected]
Dear Neeraj

Exam center which i want to opt is available in given linked file by u (at serial no.372).
Now what u want to say, i don't understand.

Is it possible that IGNOU remove all exam center centers from Rajasthan?

I have tried many of exam centers of Rajasthan state but all in vain.

I thinks it is technical mistake of IGNOU web site. Whether u tried this option to fill exam form by selecting exam centers of your state?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

IGNOU MCA Students Forum (IMSF) ©2008 Santanu Acharya
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Lo-Fi 1.1 iDS Beta, Originally written by Matt,
re-written by Shaun Harrison, Layer 04.com, for pre IPB2.0 versions.